Our firm has experience advising and assisting clients on a wide range of technology-based transactions and issues, as well as providing litigation counsel where disputes arise. We have an understanding of the business issues that impact intellectual property assets and transactions, and we work closely with both domestic and international clients to help them protect their technology assets and achieve their business objectives in a cost-effective manner.
Successful technology companies are founded on innovation and vision. Building the future of these enterprises also takes sound, practical guidance on financing sources, tax planning, human resource management, and intellectual property protection and exploitation.
Our attorneys understand that growing companies face challenges, some of which are unique to each individual business. Our skilled and experienced and attorneys understand these challenges and will work with our clients to strategically navigate through the growth process.
Building a future in the highly competitive, constantly changing technology arena takes business insight, technical knowledge and strategic planning. Our firm’s technology lawyers are experienced and effective partners who will advance and protect the client’s vital interests. Building the future of the enterprise also takes sound, practical guidance on financing sources, tax planning, human resource management, and intellectual property protection and exploitation.
We provide a wide range of legal services to technology-driven businesses ranging in size from promising emerging growth businesses to large public and privately-held corporations. We represent many private equity funds and venture capital funds as well as other financing sources for technology companies. Our skills and experience help us provide our clients with ways to evolve or enhance their existing businesses as well as allow us to identify and structure arrangements to best meet our clients’ objectives.
We provide counsel on all business transactional needs of our evolving and established technology clients. Manning Fulton lawyers assist with the contracts necessary to run and develop a business, and with the special needs of companies—mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, and strategic alliances and joint ventures. We assist our clients in:
- Determining the business structure that maximizes their present and future opportunities
- Planning effective tax strategies, including the best use of research and development tax credits
- Negotiating and structuring debt and equity financing, including angel, venture capital, and private equity transactions
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting, merger and acquisition transactions
- Conducting due diligence reviews in conjunction with a wide range of transactions
- Advising on employee issues such as executive compensation plans (including incentive and restrictive stock plans and stock options) and retirement plans.
- Working with employers on employee hiring and termination, and structuring and drafting employment agreements, confidentiality and inventions agreements, noncompetition agreements, work-for-hire agreements, separation and termination agreements.
Establishing and protecting intellectual property rights, and exploiting those rights through creative business ventures, are crucial to most technology companies. Some of the areas where we assist our technology clients include:
- Establishing intellectual property rights through the use of trademarks, copyrights and trade secret protection
- Negotiating the development and licensing of technology and intellectual property rights, including development joint ventures, licensing agreements, and distribution agreements, on behalf of both licensors and licensees
- Structuring and negotiating end-user and software distribution agreements
- Enforcing licensing and joint venture agreement provisions and arrangements
- Developing and implementing internet and e-commerce strategies