Our attorneys assist in advising our clients on documenting and protecting intellectual property rights, and understanding how those rights can be used to advance the global business objectives of the client through creative business ventures. We advise, structure and negotiate a broad range of transactions and issues for which proper understanding of intellectual property rights is essential to the success of the client’s business. Some examples include:
- Advising clients on protection of intellectual property rights through the use of patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret laws
- Representing clients on enforcement of intellectual property rights against infringers and defending against claims of infringement.
- Negotiating the licensing of intellectual property rights on behalf of both licensors and licensees.
- Negotiating and structuring software and biotechnology development and distribution agreements for both domestic and international markets.
- Enforcing domestic and international licensing and joint venture agreements.
- Development and implementation of e-commerce strategies.
- Negotiating and structuring acquisitions and sales of intellectual property and related business operations.
- Advising on structuring, negotiation and documentation of financing transactions where intellectual property is a material asset