Franchise Registration and Compliance
Successful businesses grow by developing a network for aggressive product and service distribution—the kind that captures profitable market share and grows a solid customer base. Manning Fulton lawyers know how to create franchise and distribution networks that strengthen our clients’ global reach. Our lawyers also represent franchisees to help them build their business and protect their investment.
Our franchise attorneys have been recognized for their expertise. Manning Fulton’s franchise practice has been designated by The Best Lawyers in America as the top franchise law firm in North Carolina. Our franchise team includes the only North Carolina lawyer to be designated a Certified Franchise Executive by the Institute of Certified Franchise Executives and the founding Chair of the North Carolina Bar Association Business Law Section Committee on Franchising. Manning Fulton is the only law firm in North Carolina certified to offer Fran-Guardtm franchise compliance training.
Our franchise law team routinely advises franchisors on franchise registration and compliance issues such as:
- Representing emerging franchisors in developing their initial franchise disclosure document and franchise agreements
- Assisting franchisors in obtaining and maintaining their state franchise registrations
- Developing area developer and master franchise programs
- Acquiring franchise systems
- Conducting franchise compliance audits
- Acquiring franchised units
- Refranchising franchisor-owned locations
- Preparing franchise transfer documentation
- Preparing and negotiating supplier arrangements
- Advising franchisors and executive management on development of franchise system policies including site selection policies, internet and social networking policies, and franchisee audit procedures
- Reviewing franchise operation manuals for legal pitfalls
- Technology licensing agreements
- Trademark registrations
- Intellectual property protection
- Franchise terminations
Manning Fulton’s lawyers maintain their broad knowledge in franchising and distribution law through their membership and participation in both the International Franchise Association and the American Bar Association Forum on Franchising. This technical knowledge combined with our practical experience assists us in representing clients in every stage of creating, maintaining and operating a successful franchise structure.
Our franchise and distribution clients trust Manning Fulton to help grow and protect their franchise business investments by focusing on what matters. Our lawyers are committed to these clients, using all the resources at our command to help them grow.