International Franchise and Distribution
Establishing a franchise brand on a global stage presents great opportunities and challenges. We help our clients navigate the cultural, regulatory, and business relationship challenges to develop global footprints. Franchisors retain our franchise team to:
- Help foreign franchisors expand their franchise system in the United States
- Advise franchisors on compliance with foreign franchise disclosure laws
- Prepare and negotiate international franchise agreements, joint venture transactions, license agreements, foreign investment transactions, and manufacturing and distribution agreements
- Protect trademarks and other intellectual property
- Enforce international agreements
- Leverage our relationships to identify competent local franchise counsel
Our franchise attorneys have been recognized for their expertise. Manning Fulton’s franchise practice has been designated by The Best Lawyers in America as the top franchise law firm in North Carolina. Our franchise team includes the only North Carolina lawyer to be designated a Certified Franchise Executive by the Institute of Certified Franchise Executives and the founding Chair of the North Carolina Bar Association Business Law Section Committee on Franchising.
Manning Fulton’s lawyers maintain their broad knowledge in franchising and distribution law through their membership and participation in both the International Franchise Association and the American Bar Association Forum on Franchising. This technical knowledge combined with our practical experience assists us in representing clients in every stage of creating, maintaining and operating a successful franchise structure.
Our franchise and distribution clients trust Manning Fulton to help grow and protect their franchise business investments by focusing on what matters. Our lawyers are committed to these clients, using all the resources at our command to help them grow.