Direct: (919) 510-9249
Phone: (919) 787-8880
Fax: (919) 325-4604
3605 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27612
A member of Manning Fulton's litigation practice, William S. Cherry, III represents clients in a wide variety of business litigation matters across the state of North Carolina, in state court, federal court, state and federal appellate court, the North Carolina Business Court and before state and federal administrative agencies, including the North Carolina Industrial Commission, the North Carolina Property Tax Commission, the Employment Securities Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission and FINRA Arbitration Boards.
Will's experience includes representing large and small businesses and individuals in commercial, labor and employment, patent, trademark, real property, and construction litigation as well as landlord/tenant disputes, contract disputes, property tax matters and securities arbitration matters. Will also has experience in insurance litigation matters and cases involving coverage disputes; business policyholder issues; errors and omissions (E&O) claims and policy procurement matters against insurance agents and brokers; issuance and interpretation matters; and malpractice.
Will is recognized in the Rising Star category in North Carolina Super Lawyers (2012, 2013). He lived and worked in Nicaragua, Central America as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer for two years and is fluent in Spanish.
- Campbell University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- North Carolina State University, B.A. in Economics, 1998
Admitted to Practice
- State of North Carolina, 2005
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, 2005
- United States District Court for the Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina, 2009
- Represented numerous small, medium and large businesses and individuals in employment related lawsuits and disputes, including wage and hour, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, non-compete, non-solicitation and trade secret lawsuits and disputes in North Carolina state and federal court with amounts in controversy ranging from a few thousand dollars to more than $5 million.
- Represented dozens of insurance professionals, including insurance agents and brokers throughout the State of North Carolina relating to insurance procurement, insurance interpretation and insurance claims with amount in controversy ranging from a few thousand dollars to more than $7 million.
- Represented owners, sellers, purchasers, developers and general contractors and subcontractors in real property and construction litigation matters.
- Represented individuals and businesses across the State of North Carolina before North Carolina County Boards of Equalization and Review and the North Carolina Property Tax Commission.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Development Committee Member (2006 – present)
- Young Lawyers Division Member
- Labor & Employment Law Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- Firm coordinator for 2007, 2008. 2009 Young Lawyer’s Division Clothing Drive
- Public Service Committee Member 2011
- Wake County Volunteer Lawyers Program
- North Carolina Bar Association 4All Call Day Participant (2011, 2012) (Spanish Language Call Site)
- North Carolina Bar Association and Legal Aid of NC Call4All Volunteer Attorney
- Triangle United Way, Campaign Manager, 2006
- Participant in City of Raleigh "Lunch with a Lawyer" program
- Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, Vestry Member
- Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, Sunday School Teacher (Grades 6-8)