Direct: (919) 510-9249
Fax: (919) 325-4604
Twitter: Follow Me
3605 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27612
A member of Manning Fulton's litigation practice, William S. Cherry, III represents clients in a wide variety of business litigation matters across the state of North Carolina, in state court, federal court, state and federal appellate court, the North Carolina Business Court, arbitrations and before state and federal administrative agencies, including the North Carolina Industrial Commission, the North Carolina Property Tax Commission, the Employment Securities Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission and FINRA Arbitration Boards.
Will's experience includes representing large and small businesses and individuals in litigation matters relating to commercial, labor and employment, intellectual property, data security and privacy, real property, franchise and construction disputes as well as landlord/tenant disputes, contract disputes, property tax matters and securities arbitration matters. Will also has experience in insurance litigation matters and cases involving bad faith claims; coverage disputes; business policyholder issues; errors and omissions (E&O) claims and policy procurement matters against insurance agents and brokers; issuance and interpretation matters; and malpractice.
Will is recognized in the Rising Star category in North Carolina Super Lawyers (2012, 2013). He lived and worked in Nicaragua, Central America as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer for two years and is fluent in Spanish.
- Campbell University School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- North Carolina State University (B.A. in Economics, 1998)
Admitted to Practice
- State of North Carolina, 2005
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, 2005
- United States District Court for the Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina, 2009
- Represented numerous small, medium and large businesses and individuals in employment related lawsuits and disputes, including wage and hour, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, non-compete, non-solicitation and trade secret lawsuits and disputes in North Carolina state and federal court with amounts in controversy ranging from a few thousand dollars to more than $5 million.
- Represented Franchisors and Franchisees in complex litigation in Federal Court, North Carolina Business Court and AAA Arbitrations relating to Franchise Agreement disputes and terminations, employment matters and intellectual property disputes. Also, regularly assists Franchisees in pre-litigation negotiation and dispute resolutions.
- Represented dozens of insurance professionals, including insurance agents and brokers throughout the State of North Carolina relating to insurance procurement, insurance interpretation and insurance claims with amount in controversy ranging from a few thousand dollars to more than $7 million.
- Represented owners, sellers, purchasers, developers and general contractors and subcontractors in real property and construction litigation matters.
- Represented individuals and businesses across the State of North Carolina before North Carolina County Boards of Equalization and Review and the North Carolina Property Tax Commission.
- Represented numerous businesses and individuals in a variety of contract disputes, shareholder disputes, and derivative actions in North Carolina Business Court and Federal Court.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Development Committee Member (2006 – present)
- Labor & Employment Law Section
- Defense Research Institute
- Wake County Bar Association
- Firm coordinator for 2007, 2008. 2009 Young Lawyer’s Division Clothing Drive
- Public Service Committee Member 2011
- Wake County Volunteer Lawyers Program
- North Carolina Bar Association 4All Call Day Participant (2011, 2012) (Spanish Language Call Site)
- North Carolina Bar Association and Legal Aid of NC Lawyer-on-the-Line, Pro-Bono Volunteer Attorney
- Triangle United Way, Campaign Manager, 2006
- Participant in City of Raleigh "Lunch with a Lawyer" program
- Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, Vestry Member (2012-2014)
- Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, Sunday School Teacher (Grades 6-8)(2012-Present)
- Good Shepherd Stewardship Committee Chair (2013, 2014)
- Good Shepherd Endowment Fund Trustee (2016-Present)
- YMCA Y Guide Program