Eugene Dauchert’s healthcare practice is focused primarily on transactional and regulatory matters, with a special emphasis on legal and business issues affecting physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare providers. Mr. Dauchert served as general counsel for a large publicly traded healthcare company, and in that capacity was responsible for reporting and compliance, employment matters, governance issues, and overseeing merger and acquisition activities.
Eugene Dauchert has over 35 years’ experience counseling clients in legal matters in the healthcare and general corporate fields, both in private practice and as general counsel. Representation of clients in the healthcare field has included the following:
- Providing advice to physicians and practice groups on the structuring of practice entities and corporate practice of medicine issues, admission of shareholders, management services arrangements, employment matters, and non-competition and other restrictive covenants.
- Advising healthcare practitioners on a wide array of compliance and regulatory issues, including Stark, Anti-Kickback Statutes, False Claims Act, and HIPAA privacy and security matters.
- Advising clients on joint venture and other health system affiliation matters.
- Advising a large independent practice association in connection with a joint venture arrangement to form an accountable care organization.
- Representation of physicians, dentists, and other professionals in licensing board matters.
In the area of general business and corporate law, he has assisted and provided advice on a broad range of transactional and general corporate matters, including:
- Representation of clients in structuring, financing and closing business acquisitions and mergers.
- Advising clients on shareholder agreements, executive compensation arrangements, and stock option plans.
- Providing advice on employee hiring and termination, and all other matters relating to employment issues.
- Advising on joint venture, leasing, and development matters.