Joe Bass is a member of Manning Fulton’s Real Estate practice group. Joe serves a diverse range of clients in a variety of Commercial Real Estate transactions. His knowledge and background, combined with the support and experience of Manning Fulton’s other real estate attorneys, allow him to advise clients on matters ranging from the simple to the complex.
Joe counsels clients in all stages of real estate acquisition, ownership, development, disposition, and financing. Joe has particular experience assisting clients in the acquisition and development of retail shopping centers and residential developments. Having performed numerous complex title searches and with the support of some of the best title paralegals in the state, Joe assists clients with title examinations, boundary disputes, liens, and related matters affecting title. In addition, he has assisted buyers and sellers; lenders and borrowers; and tenants and landlords in the following transactions:
- Loan closings and closings on the purchase and sale of real property;
- Financing transactions for land acquisition and development, including permanent financing, bridge financing, construction financing, and CMBS financing;
- Loan modifications, refinancing, debt restructuring, loan workouts, and foreclosures;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial leases on behalf of both landlords and tenants and representation in similar landlord-tenant matters;
- Planned community development, condominium development, and shopping center development, including drafting documents governing land use;
- Purchase and sale transactions, deed preparation, grants of easement, declarations of restrictive covenants, and other agreements related to land use and real property;
- Shopping center, retail, office, medical office, mixed-use, and industrial/warehouse/flex leasing and development; and
- Management, purchases, sales, and financing of mobile home communities and mobile homes.
Before joining Manning Fulton, Joe worked in private practice where he acted as counsel for clients with multi-million dollar commercial real estate portfolios in commercial real estate matters, including transactional work and representation in legal disputes. Joe’s experience in litigation at a prior firm, including real estate, construction, contract, and other disputes, has provided invaluable experience in coping with deals that have gone bad, making him better equipped to assist clients on the frontend in transactional matters.
During his time at Davidson College, Joe was a four-year letterman and served as captain of the soccer team, where he was named to the Academic All-South Team and earned Most Valuable Player honors. At the University of Miami, he was a Dean’s Merit Scholar and a member of Phi Delta Phi.