Bill has served corporate clients for over thirty years on domestic and international transactions and as corporate counsel advising on a wide range of legal issues. Examples of transactions include leveraged ESOP acquisition of US robotics company, debt financing of restaurant chain, sale of affiliated US and UK manufacturing companies to third-party buyer, debt financing of US subsidiary of Asian automotive parts manufacturer, sale of US based veterinary products company to US public company, sale of US based construction services company to US public company, European distribution agreements for a North Carolina manufacturing company, worldwide software distribution agreement for a North Carolina software developer, merger of a privately-held robotics company with US based public company, formation of a Chinese subsidiary for US company, formation of a Romanian subsidiary for US company, acquisition of a robotics distribution company with operations in the U.S. and Europe, and formation of a US joint venture for international agribusiness company.
- Wake Forest University (J.D., M.B.A., B.S)
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association – former Chair of the Business Law Section, former Co-chair of the Legal Opinions Committee, former Chair of Legislative Committee, former Member of Board of Governors and Finance Committee; American Bar Association – member of Business Law Section (Negotiated Acquisitions Committee, Private Equity Committee, International Transactions Committee and Legal Opinions Committee).
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America©(2007-2019)
- Recognized by Business North Carolina magazine’s Legal Elite (2006, 2009-2019)
- Recognized by North Carolina Super Lawyers (2009-2019)
Active in the community, Bill has served on the Board of the Directors of the Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED), on the Alumni Council of the Wake Forest University Business School, and as an elder at the White Memorial Presbyterian Church, among other activities.