With ever-changing and complex tax laws, now more than ever, businesses and business owners need experienced and highly motivated tax professionals to navigate the tax landscape. Manning Fulton’s tax attorneys work with business and their owners to develop innovative tax solutions that meet the specific needs of our clients. Our tax attorneys provide comprehensive tax transactional planning at the international, federal, state and local levels, and are proficient in helping businesses minimize their risk from a tax standpoint and maximize their business and financial goals. Tax issues can arise in all types of business and financial activities, for both business and individuals, and require careful planning in order to effect the most practical and efficient tax strategies.
Manning Fulton’s tax attorneys are experienced in handling a wide array of tax issues, a sampling of which include:
- Stock and Asset Acquisitions and Dispositions, including Stock Acquisitions utilizing 336(e) or 338(h)(10) Elections
- Structuring LLC, Partnerships and Joint Ventures
- Tax-Free Mergers, Reorganizations and Spin-Offs
- Buyout, Venture Capital, Private Equity and other investment funds
- Real Estate Transactions, including Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and 1031 Like-kind Exchanges
- Choice of Entity Analysis
- Debt Workouts
- Executive Compensation, including stock options, deferred compensation plans and other equity and non-equity compensation plans
- State and Local Taxation, including Sales and Use Taxes
- Debt Workouts
- Tax Opinion Letters and Private Letter Ruling Requests
The diverse experience of Manning Fulton’s tax group enables the firm to handle a variety of tax matters, as suggested by the range of services listed above. Our tax attorneys have previous experience in the Office of Chief Counsel of the IRS, several attorneys are either certified public accountants or hold advanced degrees in tax law and seven of our lawyers have served as members of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Tax Council, including three who have been Association Chair.