Experienced and Industry-Focused Health Care Lawyers Serving Clients Throughout North Carolina
Healthcare providers and institutions today face a large and complex array of legal, regulatory and market challenges. The healthcare industry is experiencing a period of rapid evolution and change unlike that seen before. Navigating this landscape requires experienced counsel and guidance.
Manning Fulton is committed to providing exceptional counsel and guidance to clients of all sizes in this dynamic and fast changing area. Our experienced and industry-focused attorneys provide counsel to a wide variety of healthcare clients with respect to ongoing legal matters as well as special projects involving regulatory matters, transactions and litigation. Our attorneys have represented large and small physician practice groups, hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers, medical and dental management organizations, independent practice associations (IPAs), medical clinics, and numerous other healthcare providers and organizations.
Healthcare clients often have matters that cross over different specialty areas, and are not limited to solely one or two specific practice areas. This often occurs in connection with transactions, contractual arrangements, formation of new entities and other matters. In these cases, a multi-disciplinary team approach is followed to assure that our clients receive needed assistance from attorneys in other related areas such as tax, corporate and real estate to deliver the best advice in the most efficient manner.
- Corporate organization and governance
- Joint ventures and affiliations between physician organizations and hospitals and health systems
- Regulatory compliance with federal and state self-referral statutes, including Stark
- Regulatory compliance with anti-kickback, fraud and abuse statutes
- Compliance with HIPAA, EMTALA and Medicare and Medicaid laws and regulations
- Corporate practice of medicine restrictions and alternative structures
- Employment matters and licensing board issues
- Non-compete agreements and restrictions involving physicians and other professionals
Our attorneys have extensive experience in guiding clients in major corporate transactional matters, including the following:
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Financing arrangements, including private equity and early stage financing
- Joint ventures and affiliations between provider organizations, including independent practice associations (IPAs) and accountable care organizations (ACOs)
- Development of clinical office facilities and surgical centers
Some of our attorneys also have extensive experience serving as in house general counsel for corporations, including one publicly traded healthcare company as well as other public and private corporations, and they understand the unique pressures and demands placed on corporate counsel. We are committed to working not only with the client, but collaboratively with our clients’ other professional advisors to achieve our clients’ goals in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible.