Our tax attorneys are proficient in helping businesses minimize their risk from a tax standpoint and maximize their business and financial goals. Tax issues can arise in all types of business and financial activities, for both business and individuals, and require careful planning in order to effect the most practical and efficient tax strategies.
We offer assistance with federal, state and local and international tax issues. A sampling of our services include:
- Individual income, estate and gift tax planning
- Business and tax planning for business entities
- Plan, negotiate and implement strategies for the acquisition, reorganization or divestures of business enterprises
- Tax audits and reporting issues
- Tax-deferred financial and real estate transactions
- Deferral of capital gain taxes upon disposition of appreciated assets
- Sales, use, franchise and property tax issues at the state and local level
- Tax deferral through qualified and non-qualified pension and benefit plans
- Tax credits and special incentives
The diverse experience of Manning Fulton’s tax group enables the firm to handle a variety of tax matters, as suggested by the range of services listed above. Our tax attorneys have previous experience in the Office of Chief Counsel of the IRS, several attorneys are either certified public accountants or hold advanced degrees in tax law and seven of our lawyers have served as members of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Tax Council, including three who have been Association Chair.