Establishing a franchise brand on a global stage presents great opportunities and challenges. We help our clients navigate the cultural, regulatory, and business relationship challenges to develop global footprints whether they are domestic businesses wishing to spread abroad or foreign businesses wishing to spread to the U.S.
With a wealth of experience advising both sides of the franchising relationship, we understand the complex issues in these arrangements and develop tailored solutions to make sure they go smoothly. We represent clients in US and international franchise matters in countries around the world, applying our knowledge of local franchise laws in each jurisdiction and leveraging our network of international franchise practitioners.
Franchisors retain our franchise team to:
- Help foreign franchisors expand their franchise system in the United States
- Advise franchisors on compliance with foreign franchise disclosure laws
- Prepare and negotiate international franchise agreements, joint venture transactions, license agreements, foreign investment transactions, and manufacturing and distribution agreements
- Protect trademarks and other intellectual property
- Enforce international agreements
Leverage our relationships to identify competent local franchise counsel to assist with international legal requirements