Counsel To Business Owners and Buyers Seeking Successful and Tax-Intelligent Transitions
Manning Fulton’s Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) practice guides buyers, sellers, and financial sponsors through complex business transactions.
Our M&A experience spans most industries. Services provided by Manning Fulton attorneys in this practice include:
- Advising companies, boards of directors and business owners on legal issues related to M&A transactions as well as their strategic alternatives.
- Negotiating tax-deferred and taxable mergers, stock and asset purchases and divestitures.
- Executing cross-border M&A transactions for multi-national clients.
- Structuring spinoffs and recapitalizations, management buyouts and other transactions.
- Advising private equity funds, family offices and their platform companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions and financing activities.
We routinely engage attorneys from our other practice groups at Manning Fulton in our M&A engagements to provide our clients with a full range of services in due diligence, risk analysis, transaction preparation and other aspects of the transaction. This cross-discipline approach often expands to include assistance in connection with tax structuring, wealth preservation, employee benefits, executive compensation, franchise, real estate and intellectual property issues.
In addition to having one of the largest M&A practices in the Triangle area and across North Carolina, we are particularly proud of our team of extremely experienced attorneys, who average more than 25 years of M&A experience. Additionally, each M&A partner at Manning Fulton has been recognized by their peers, with honors and accolades ranging from Best Lawyers in America and SuperLawyers, to Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite. Each of our attorneys brings a creative and business-minded approach to complex M&A transactions. We provide practical and client-driven results.
Our M&A attorneys are also heavily involved with the Business Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association, which works with state government to propose and monitor changes across the business law and regulatory landscape. Our involvement with this influential group has ranged from primary leadership — serving as Chair — to a number of our attorneys serving as members of the Section Council. Our involvement is significant for a middle-market regional law firm and demonstrates both our commitment to professional involvement and the scope and size of our M&A practice.