PRA Health Sciences and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited establish joint venture in Japann to provide clinical trial delivery and pharmacovigilance services
PRA Health Sciences equity acquisition of Parallel 6, Inc., a developer of technologies for improving patient enrollment, engagement, and management of clinical trials ($47.3 million)
PRA Health Sciences enters into a close strategic partnership with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited whereby PRA becomes Takeda’s primary strategic partner for the clinical development and post-approval services for Takeda’s drug pipeline and marketed products.
PPD enters into strategic partnership ERT Clinical to facilitate ERT’s delivery of ts comprehensive patient safety and efficacy and endpoint data collection to assist with clinical trial efficiency
PPD enters into joint venture and collaboration with Shin Nippon Biomedical Laboratories for purposes of performing clinical development services in Japan
PPD acquires RCT Logic LLC’s exclusive clinical trial design license from Massachusetts General Hospital
PPD acquires remaining 40% equity interest of X-Chem, Inc., a company developing proprietary small molecule drug discovery services
PPD equity acquisition of Acruian, Inc., a patient recruitment firm operating in the US and Europe.
PPD formed BioDuro Biologics Pte Ltd., a Singapore joint venture to develop proprietary biological drug discovery services ($6.7 million)
PPD is acquired by private equity firms The Carlyle Group and Hellman and Freeman ($3.9 billion leveraged buyout)
PPD 60% equity acquisition of X-Chem, Inc., a company developing proprietary small molecule drug discovery services. Acquisition included time-based option to acquire remaining 40% ($15.5 million)
PPD spins off drug development segment into newly formed publicly-traded company, Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ($100 million)
PPD disposition of all equity ownership in wholly-owned subsidiary, PPD Biomarker Discovery Sciences, LLC, a PPD company that provided biomarker discovery services and participant sample analysis ($0.1 million plus percentage of future revenue)
PPD equity acquisition of Excel PharmaStudies, Inc., a contract research organization operating in China ($22.2 million)
PPD equity acquisition of BioDuro, LLC, a drug discovery services company operating China ($78.6 million)
PPD limited partner equity investment in Celtic Therapeutics Holdings, L.P., an investment partnership organized for the purpose of identifying, acquiring and investing in novel therapeutic products.
PPD disposes of substantially all of the assets of Piedmont Research Center, LLC, a PPD company that performed preclinical research and evaluation of anticancer agents and therapies ($46 million)
PPD equity acquisition of Magen Biosciences, Inc., a biotechnology company focused on the development of dermatologic therapies ($14.9 million)
PPD equity acquisition of AbC.R.O., Inc., a contract research organization operating in Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Poland, Russia and Ukraine ($40 million)
PRA Health Science equity acquisition of Symphony Health Solutions, Inc., a provider of data and analytics to help professionals understand the full market life cycle of drug products offered for sale by companies in the biopharmaceutical industry ($686.7 million)
PPD equity acquisition of InnoPharm, a contract research organization with assets and operations in Russia and Ukraine ($10 million)
PPD strategic collaboration with Merck & Co., Inc. involving vaccine testing and assay development. Collaboration included PPD’s acquisition of Merck’s 130,000 square foot vaccine testing laboratory and related equipment ($25.2 million)
PPD acquires substantially all of the assets of SurroMed, Inc.’s biomarker business ($35 million)
PPD equity acquisition of Eminent Research Systems, Inc. and Clinsights, Inc., clinical research organizations specializing in medical device development and post-marketing services to medical device and related pharmaceutical companies. ($25 million)