The attorneys in Manning Fulton’s business law practice represent individual investors, investor groups, high net worth families, and family offices with investments in privately-held and public companies, private equity funds and other illiquid investments. With a unique integration of business, legal, tax, and financial professional services, we work alongside our clients to plan, structure, negotiate and document transactions, along with planning to satisfy financing and investment needs, from initial investment through exit.
Clients typically look to our firm or select from our team of experienced attorneys to fill a function that might be served by a chief financial officer or in-house counsel in larger organizations, but have concluded that their affairs are not sufficiently substantial as to require such an employee. Therefore, they engage our firm to provide or coordinate similar services, along with more comprehensive legal services, on an as-needed basis. Often, Manning Fulton business attorneys collaborate with other professional service providers in assisting clients with this comprehensive set of services.
Our firm is committed to tailoring the scope and scale of these services to fit the unique and personal needs of each client. Services provided by Manning Fulton attorneys in this practice include:
- Corporate acquisition and sale representation
- Private financings, through angel (accredited) investors, venture capital funds, leveraged buyout funds, and private equity funds
- Corporate strategic investment programs, and connections with other private investors
- Private equity and debt transactions, including bridge loans, convertible debt and warrants, preferred stock rounds, senior debt and mezzanine transactions, subordination and inter-creditor arrangements
- Insurance planning, including wealth replacement, buy-sell, and key-man
- Business succession planning
- General corporate and estate planning tax issues
- Executive compensation and employee incentive plans
- Litigation and director/officer liability issues
- Estate planning and optimal wealth transfer strategies
- Retirement planning and related tax planning
- Charitable donations and tax-exempt charitable organizations
- Creation of, and review of documents associated with, family partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations
We are proud that Manning Fulton attorneys have consistently been recognized by their peers and the public as leaders in the areas of corporate law, business succession planning, real estate law, and estate planning. Our Individual and Family Office Investment practice includes attorneys who are also Certified Public Accountants, board-certified specialists in estate planning, former chairs of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Tax Council, fellows of the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel, and corporate lawyers who routinely represent family offices, high net worth individuals and large privately held companies in their business transactions across the Southeast.